J.J. Abrams on TED

Re-watched this a few days ago thinking I could absorb some wisdom and inspiration from J.J. Abrams, most especially since I'm sort of reworking (or continuing to work on) this fiction thing I wrote for a class back in college.


Maybe art is, first and foremost, made for self-gratification; that this satisfies me the most more than anything or more than any reward or gratification provided by contemporary society. Do what you love and makes you happy, some say. 

J.J. Abrams had to beg for a Super 8 camera when he was a young boy (something very much reflected in his movie Super 8). Nowadays, everyone has a camera, access to video editing, and, because of the internet, access to be able to publish or broadcast worldwide.

Everyone is a filmmaker, a photographer, a video editor. This is always a good thing. Competition will always increase the quality of service and lower the prices of services and commodities for consumers.

For those of you who don't know who J.J. Abrams is (what are you even doing here?), he is the creator of Alias, Lost, Fringe, Cloverfield, Super 8, and many others. For those of you who don't know what TED is, it is a conference of sorts that invite experts from different fields to talk about "ideas worth spreading", all of which are published and broadcasted online, free for the whole world to see.

I was supposed to blog about the "Search, plus Your World" campaign of Google but I got distracted. It's already in my head though so watch out for that. I'm really very distracted right now so I figured I should just make a random blog post and at the same time get to share this video to those who haven't seen it.


If you liked this post then you might also like:
1. What are TED talks?
2. Locked out of the House
3. I'm Looking for a Barber

No comments

Just another one of the blogs of Harry Santos. Powered by Blogger.