IPV6 — On Running Out of Internet IP Addresses to Accomodate Massive Entropy



We can see how the rate of expansion and innovation in internet technology is so massive and exponential. Will this actually mean that we will eventually run out of space? How can the entropy of internet content be reversed?



That bearded guy talking on the video above is supposedly one of the founders of the internet. He reminds me of The Architect character in The Matrix. Before I get into brain-in-a-vat conspiracy theory kind of thinking, can I just say that I am so thankful for him and his team, whoever they are, for creating the internet. Here's a funny photo I saw on Facebook that modified Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs a while ago that's a bit related to this:

The internet has become a necessity

The question above about entropy, of course, is a reference to Isaac Asimov's short story The Last Question. I have referenced this before in my article about SEO and the Entropy of Internet Content and since then has become the tagline or selling point of this blog.

My theory is that, as patterned after Asimov's story, the internet will eventually become so massive that it will eventually become quasi-sentient. It won't entirely be sentient in the human sense, but as it accumulates massive amounts of information, it is able to use algorithms and data to know everything or almost everything.

Humans will then evolve out of earthly bodies and eventually consciousness will be contained in cyberspace or something like that (I know I wouldn't be able to resist mentioning a brain-in-a-vat sort of idea). Our consciousness will then merge with the internet and then, well, you should read Asimov's story if you want to find out what happens next. I don't really want to spoil it for you.

See how easily I can go from writing about the switch to IPV6 to a global evolution conspiracy of human consciousness merging with a quasi-sentient internet entity @_@ haha.

No one really uses Yahoo! or Bing or whatever to search anymore, right? Google is just so ahead of the market that it's crazy. That being said, if you care about SEO, it's important to check out their announcements about what they've been up to with their algorithm updates.

You can check out the the official Google Blog and the official Google Web Master Central blog if you want. You can also follow @Google on Twitter for latest news and updates (one of the recent tweets is actually about a new Google Panda algorithm update! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

I've decided that I'm actually an SEO speculator. For instance, I could be wrong about human consciousness one day merging with the internet. It's all just speculation. I got the idea when I met up with some followers of Doug Casey. They mentioned how Doug Casey calls himself a speculator. I figured it had a nice ring to it. So yeah, from now on I'll be calling myself an SEO speculator.

So you see, all the contents on this blog about SEO are speculative. I don't really have formal training or a deep understanding of search engines and how they work (see Google Online Marketing Challenge) but I do have the results and the techniques that have lead to these results.


No comments

Just another one of the blogs of Harry Santos. Powered by Blogger.