Google Online Marketing Challenge

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine was asking for help for a school project regarding online marketing because I am guessing she trusts that I might have some sort of knowledge with SEO-related matter. She showed me the slides made by their professor and I was really so intimidated at the knowledge and skills required by the instructions. I am guessing, actually I am baselessly assuming, that it has something to do with this: the Google Online Marketing Challenge.

google online marketing contest

But first, let us take a moment of silence to acknowledge the generosity of my brain . It is such a selfless and giving brain, still willing to provide useful information even when it is tired and not in the mood.

Moving on, here are some of the contents of the slides:

online marketing strategies

I was really humbled by these intimidating questions and instructions. Of course these concepts are for Adwords, the advertiser side, but some are very related to how Adsense works as well so I really realized that there is so much that I do not know. They're really lucky they have this class because it's really so significant. Online advertising has really become the best way of reaching consumers, in my opinion.

Questions like "What [search terms] do we exclude?" Isn't that such a human decision, I mean, almost like a gamble based on trends and statistics. I am just so impressed at how professionals in this field are really recognizing the exact sciences involved with online marketing.

I really don't have the knowledge with the exact sciences or proper methodologies when it comes to online marketing. Wisest is he who knows he does not know, yeah?

Mostly I am self-taught and I base my assumptions on empirical data and a whole lot of lateral thinking. Out-of-the-box stuff, you know? And that's really what I offer in this blog. I can't offer much on the technical or scientific side of search engine optimization, but what I can show you is a different perspective, at times useless but most times very informative and insightful (and entertaining too).

My analysis and methodologies will be unusual and most of the time borderline crazy. But as Malaclypse the Younger once said "do not reject these teachings as false because I am crazy. The reason that I am crazy is because they are true".


If you liked this post then you might also like:
1. My First Google Adsense Payment in the Philippines
2. Property Rights and Economic Freedom
3. My YouTube Account

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the work you have shared here, this post is pretty amazing and I really enjoy it.
    Online Advertising

    ReplyDelete

Just another one of the blogs of Harry Santos. Powered by Blogger.